Port Sapphire forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's your favourite generation?

5 posters

Go down

Pick one!

What's your favourite generation? Vote_lcap17%What's your favourite generation? Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]
What's your favourite generation? Vote_lcap50%What's your favourite generation? Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 3 ]
What's your favourite generation? Vote_lcap0%What's your favourite generation? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What's your favourite generation? Vote_lcap33%What's your favourite generation? Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 2 ]
What's your favourite generation? Vote_lcap0%What's your favourite generation? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 6

What's your favourite generation? Empty What's your favourite generation?

Post by Luminous Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:53 pm

It has to be the 2nd gen for me. I love the locations in Johto and the legendary Pokemon. I'd say that the only weak parts are the condensed Kanto region (memory restrictions on the game cartridge may be a reason for this though) and the gym leaders.
Luminous
Luminous
Masochist
Masochist

https://portsapphire.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What's your favourite generation? Empty Re: What's your favourite generation?

Post by Plato Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:31 pm

Sinnoh. Not only because it was my first pokemon game, but because I love the winter season look that comes with it.
Plato
Plato
Buccaneer
Buccaneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:18 pm

Plato wrote:Sinnoh. Not only because it was my first pokemon game, but because I love the winter season look that comes with it.

Sinnoh used to me one of my top regions but I went off of it as I got older...I'm not sure why, but I think that it's just because the 4th generation didn't really introuduce anything particulary new and the region itself does seem a bit bland (apart from the snowy sections that is).
Luminous
Luminous
Masochist
Masochist

Back to top Go down

Post by EVILJACKCARVER Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:36 pm

Johto remake.

Johto was an epic region IMHO but without the dynamic effects the NDS version gives out it doesn't feel complete.
EVILJACKCARVER
EVILJACKCARVER
Deckhand
Deckhand

http://gaz.has-no-homepage.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuitfio Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:29 pm

1st Gen will always be the best. You can't beat the original although Johto came very close. The games obviously get better with the added technology but the original 151 make it better than the rest.
Tuitfio
Tuitfio
Nautical Admin
Nautical Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Romeo Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:00 am

Johto, especially on the GB. The sound and graphics were epic, even if they were old =P
Romeo
Romeo
Lover boy
Lover boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Plato Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:50 am

Shadrawr wrote:
Plato wrote:Sinnoh. Not only because it was my first pokemon game, but because I love the winter season look that comes with it.

Sinnoh used to me one of my top regions but I went off of it as I got older...I'm not sure why, but I think that it's just because the 4th generation didn't really introuduce anything particulary new and the region itself does seem a bit bland (apart from the snowy sections that is).
Yeah, I loved the snow section, gave it something knew.

May get hit for this but I also enjoyed Hoenn (May) and then Kanto comes last.
Plato
Plato
Buccaneer
Buccaneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:53 am

I see your point about Kanto, it's a lot smaller than the other regions (or it seems that way) but it was the first region so it's still pretty high up in my list.
Luminous
Luminous
Masochist
Masochist

Back to top Go down

Post by Plato Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:55 am

Shadrawr wrote:I see your point about Kanto, it's a lot smaller than the other regions (or it seems that way) but it was the first region so it's still pretty high up in my list.
Yes, it was smaller and I have always felt it had a bland feeling to it. Of course I have only played the remakes since I'm only young as well it not being my first game, it may never appeal to me.
Plato
Plato
Buccaneer
Buccaneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuitfio Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:00 pm

Plato wrote:
Shadrawr wrote:

Evil or Very Mad NO! I will not allow you to think this. That's my childhood you are putting last, I still remember most of my play through like it was yesterday! Crying or Very sad
Tuitfio
Tuitfio
Nautical Admin
Nautical Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:05 pm

I remember when I got that glitch in Blue that upset me.
(I ended up stuck in Fuschia City because of a load of random blocks appearing which made the place unrecognisable, I think it's called 'Glitch City' or something?)
Luminous
Luminous
Masochist
Masochist

Back to top Go down

Post by Romeo Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:08 pm

Plato wrote:
Shadrawr wrote:

Let's explain here, just to make it clear. Plato is obssessed with May. In fact, in order to make him happy, in my fanfiction I had to make his character team up and start falling for May. I can place a good bet Plato fantasises over May. It's scary. Same goes with Dawn... scarily enough xD

Though to me Kanto comes 3rd, with Sinnoh last. It was too bland, as said before.
Romeo
Romeo
Lover boy
Lover boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Plato Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:28 pm

Tuitfio wrote:
Plato wrote:
Shadrawr wrote:

Evil or Very Mad NO! I will not allow you to think this. That's my childhood you are putting last, I still remember most of my play through like it was yesterday! Crying or Very sad
Smile
Sowwy, that's how life is, your childhood gets pushed to the back of the brain Sad

Plato
Plato
Buccaneer
Buccaneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down