Port Sapphire forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Back in my day'

4 posters

Go down

'Back in my day' Empty 'Back in my day'

Post by Luminous Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:32 pm

Now, my statements are probably going to make me sound like some kind of old fogey, but what're your opinions about this generation of young teenagers, with particular emphasis on the school environment?

I'm now out of school because I am 19. I feel old.
I think that people just a few years younger than myself have such a different attitude towards their peers that it seems as if they came from a different planet.
When I was in school, I wouldn't dare 'start on' a Year 11 (a final year student in secondary school) when I was a Year 7 (first year of secondary school) but even by the time I was in Year 11 the 'new generation' of Year 7s were already around 50 times worse than we had been. Year 7s started ganging up on their peers and treating every teacher like a piece of shit.
There's also rising cases of young girls getting pregnant, or stealing, or taking drugs, or turning into chavs...
Call me a pessimist but...I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
Somebody please give me some hope.
xD
Luminous
Luminous
Masochist
Masochist

https://portsapphire.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

'Back in my day' Empty Re: 'Back in my day'

Post by Vincent Chain Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:34 am

As much as I'd love to give hope to the ones who need it... I can't.
Girls doing that stuff is a common case now. Back in the day..well when I was little cursing didn't exist as a kid, it was all fun and sleep. Yep I am talking about Kindergarden. Now my cousin is cursing, and flipping people off and she is not older.
There is 3 or 4 pregnant women in this charter school my other cousin goes to. Many people look goth, which made my emo cousin feel a bit uncomfortable. There was students who are 21 coming in. Hear girls talking about which store doesn't have security and they are going to steal stuff from there.
People are more perverted than the 'oldin times'. Truth be told I nearly went to jail for beating a kid who touched my cousin somewhere he shouldn't have. Disturbed to hear when Twilight was in every girl saying they wanted to have sex with Jacob. But those are minor, more serious stuff has happened.
Parents just don't give a fuck these days, so there are a lot of bad kids out there, welcome the future people who will be doing crimes.
I actually got a story about a mess up parent if you care to read that:
Spoiler:

Our future children got no hope from the looks of it.. Neutral
Vincent Chain
Vincent Chain
Buccaneer
Buccaneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Romeo Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:48 am

Yeah, this is what I've grown up with around me. Only, I'm a good child, though that maybe because I'm too pussy to do anything major xD
Romeo
Romeo
Lover boy
Lover boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:21 pm

People should have to pass a parenting test before they can have children.
Nowadays any moronic couple can 'raise' their children.
=/
Luminous
Luminous
Masochist
Masochist

Back to top Go down

Post by EVILJACKCARVER Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:21 pm

Back in my day, we didn't have the Internet.
EVILJACKCARVER
EVILJACKCARVER
Deckhand
Deckhand

http://gaz.has-no-homepage.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:38 pm

EVILJACKCARVER wrote:Back in my day, we didn't have the Internet.

Hmmm, I remember the dial-up days. They were fun. xD
The internet seems to be one of the biggest sources for all of the hate amongst people...
Luminous
Luminous
Masochist
Masochist

Back to top Go down

Post by Romeo Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:01 am

I really wonder why that is...

/Sarcasm.

Anyway, about the parental test, I think that'd be a bad idea because if the the person was say raped or the baby was an accident conceved by a teenager, then it'd be forced upon them. Depends really how long the test would take to complete.
Romeo
Romeo
Lover boy
Lover boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Chain Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:14 am

Should give up the child if can not properly take care of one.
If you really love your child you would do whats best for it and not go with what you want. Something a lot of parents lack. And too many people under estimate the responsibility.

I am not going to lie, people at a young age that are pregnant bother me. I do not want to be around them, I don't want to hear her sob story. Its just way irresponsible.
I can understand some girls didn't get the choice, there are those messed up guys out there. But them keeping the child doesn't seem right. I have waited to see at least one child who was born like that and is a great person. Neutral That probability is small since kids feel abandoned or other stuff I'm not getting into and the parent(s) can't support them that well.
Vincent Chain
Vincent Chain
Buccaneer
Buccaneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Romeo Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:23 am

A girl in my class became pregnant at the age of 13. Before the baby she was pretty normal, first guy she was with, the first time she had sex she fell pregnant, and they used protection. 2 years later this girl is the strongest willed person I know, and I actuallt look up to her in some ways. Now, I'm not going to have a child yet, I'm 15 and I'm not ready, but this girl has actually become so strong it just shows how much somebody can change you. She deserves a baby, it makes her happy, and she can handle it.
Romeo
Romeo
Lover boy
Lover boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Chain Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:03 pm

But having a child at a young age ruins a lot of chances in life for both sides.

I understand from your point of view though. But it still bothers me. My cousin got pregnant at 14, haven't talked to her since and she is now about 17 or 18, she use to send me mail but now stopped because she sees I still don't respect her like I use to. She knew how much I use to look up to her. She chose to have a child, the very thought of it drives me away from people. At a young age, proceeding to something very serious and shouldn't be done till after marriage in my opinion.

I take this seriously so its only natural that I'd never rush into these things or think its correct to do this. Live my life first, then deal with that stuff later is my thoughts.
Don't get the wrong idea either, I do not hate those girls, it just plays a scene in my head and disgusts me so much I do not have anything nice to say..
Vincent Chain
Vincent Chain
Buccaneer
Buccaneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum