Port Sapphire forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fitting in.

+3
Tuitfio
Romeo
Luminous
7 posters

Go down

Fitting in. Empty Fitting in.

Post by Luminous Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:42 am

Do any of you struggle to make friends or fit in at all?
I know that I do.
I've not really made any friends at university and I'm not sure whether to be concerned about it or not.
I made more friends when I was in Games Design, but now that I've swapped I just can't seem to gel with anyone.

Thing is, I think that it's because I refuse to partake in their social activities because their activities involve getting pissed or 'crunk' as some people call it. Is this a bad thing or...?

I'm so confused.
Luminous
Luminous
Masochist
Masochist

https://portsapphire.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Fitting in. Empty Re: Fitting in.

Post by Romeo Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:50 am

I'm a little different from other people as well. Not really bothered me, I maybe socially unacceptable (or even annoying), but I like it. I like not fitting in because I was never meant to fit in. It was never meant to be. People who fit in with most people are really boring imo, they're all the same as each other. Another contributing factor to me not fitting in with most people is because I'm not "fit" or "hot", but merely the "cute, quiet" one. Though don't get me wrong, I fit in with my group of friends pretty well because we all have one thing in common: We don't fit in with the majority.

There is nothing wrong with being different, but there is something wrong with not accepting who you are and changing to fit in.

Last edited by Romeo on Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Romeo
Romeo
Lover boy
Lover boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:03 am

That's true. Sometimes it gets me down more than at other times because I have pretty low self esteem as it is, not to mention that I'm not especially 'pretty' either. =/

I'd rather be as I am now than have to change myself in an undesirable way to actually 'fit in'. Plus I tend not to introduce myself to people - I rely upon more confident people to introduce themselves.
It's odd because I have this strong air of confidence about me when I'm doing a presentation or talking about my work because I take pride in that stuff, but it could work against me because it makes me look like a smart arse, which is something that I don't think I am.
Luminous
Luminous
Masochist
Masochist

https://portsapphire.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Romeo Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:08 am

Same here, I am smart, don't get me wrong, I just don't like acting like I am, though I won't act stupid to prove I'm not smart. Whenever it comes to new people, especially girls, I go really shy, which is odd because I'm usually confident around my friends. Though any new person I meet who I like I usually get to know eventually I become quite close to them, even if I don't fit in with their crowd.
Romeo
Romeo
Lover boy
Lover boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuitfio Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:31 am

I just tend to not like people.

I don't really go up to people and purposely make friends with them, most of my friends are from school and the ones that aren't are friends of my friends that I have met.

I tend to be friendly around people and I can talk with them, say people from work I talk to them all but bar a couple they are more acquaintances that I wouldn't see outside of work.

I never approach random girls either, if I talk to a girl they usually are a friend of a friend and I've usually had a drink lol.

I'd say don't go out with the aim of making friends because that never really works. You'll tend to meet people randomly because you share a common interest but when you find someone you get along with just make sure you meet up with them, so your friendship can grow, otherwise you'll never make friends with any of them Smile
Tuitfio
Tuitfio
Nautical Admin
Nautical Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Plato Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:47 am

I make friends very slowly. When I mean slowly, I mean slowly. It could take nearly a year to stop being nervous around new people in a new environment. Or it could take me a month or so. When I went up to secondary school, I was on my own with no one I knew so I had to make friends really quick.

With fitting in, I seem to fit in but I always feel as if I'm the odd ball it doesn't feel right.
Plato
Plato
Buccaneer
Buccaneer

Back to top Go down

Post by EVILJACKCARVER Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:34 pm

My views can be described best in 2 words:

FUCK CONFORMITY.
EVILJACKCARVER
EVILJACKCARVER
Deckhand
Deckhand

http://gaz.has-no-homepage.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Terra Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:14 pm

Though recent events with a certain slut has caused slight problems for me I find no trouble fitting in honestly. Mostly because my personality is so altered for everyone naturally that I come off as the guy no one can really hate. If you're my friend, you realize it is just a really strong aura I project for everyone and you learn what I'm really like. Of course, this isn't much different from what everyone sees, I'm just not as bright and cheerful and laid-back as everyone likes to think. I don't do it purposefully, it just comes naturally.

I believe it comes from my parents to be totally honest. The qualities one instills on their children is very strong eventually; I doubt that the way I come off to people will ever change. :P
Terra
Terra
Chasing Pavements
Chasing Pavements

Location : I think I'm here... but the sign says there? And that one says everywhere. :<

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Chain Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:21 pm

Kind of not fitting in. Easily get along with the teachers but students..well my commnication level is low. I am a social butterfly if I know the people around me..I just tend to not try to make friends, in the past I have always allowed them to come to me.

My look is emo most of the time, but my appearnace has never affected the outcome of having great friends, if they look past my looks they will accept me for me. I teach a lesson called 'don't judge a book by its cover' just because they will learn that I not as down, gloomy, and destructive as everyone thought.
Vincent Chain
Vincent Chain
Buccaneer
Buccaneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum