Port Sapphire forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discrimination against games.

5 posters

Go down

Discrimination against games. Empty Discrimination against games.

Post by Luminous Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:46 pm

http://memebase.com/2011/11/16/internet-memes-dont-you-dare-touch-my-mario-peta/

...Really? It seems as if people like to target video games for the stupidest of reasons.
It's not as if he skins the Tanooki to gain the suit.
Sigh.

Anyway, this is just one example.
Discuss discrimination about computer and video games here.
Luminous
Luminous
Masochist
Masochist

https://portsapphire.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Discrimination against games. Empty Re: Discrimination against games.

Post by Romeo Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:56 am

That's Bullshit! It's just a suit, people, especially over portective parents blame video games for everything. Yes, it sometimes encouarges violence. Yes, somtimes it encourages morons to join the army in an attempt to do "quick scopes" in real life and think it's cool, but in no way does this even encouarge wearing animal fur in the slightest. Even if it did, then so what? If people want to wear animal furs then there's nothing wrong with that. Not in my eyes anyway. May hurt animal lovers, but there'll always be that little thing the hurts people. It's just an excuse to bitch about things.
Romeo
Romeo
Lover boy
Lover boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:11 am

Exactly. And as you said, it's only 'sometimes'. It's not like everybody decided to run around and eat pills that they found on the floor when they played Pacman, nor can I see anybody who's inclined to stomp on turtles or tried to make cars crash using bananas.

Essentially, people want to blame something. Videogames are an easy target.
People only like videogames if they're promoting 'family fun' or some other bullshit like that lol.
Luminous
Luminous
Masochist
Masochist

Back to top Go down

Post by Romeo Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:17 am

Family fun video games are generally boring xD
Romeo
Romeo
Lover boy
Lover boy

Back to top Go down

Post by EVILJACKCARVER Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:43 pm

This fail right there reminds me of a certain AVGN video from 09:30 onwards for some odd reason. I wonder why...?
EVILJACKCARVER
EVILJACKCARVER
Deckhand
Deckhand

http://gaz.has-no-homepage.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Chain Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:15 pm

Aren't we free? We are allowed to play video games all we want, video games do not influence us. PEOPLE IN REAL LIFE DO! I get my style from my brother, I like video games because of him. I am not confident about a lot of things because of the untrusted. I feel abandoned because my parents never spent time with me. I feel like I get judged all the time for something I never mean to do or they just do not get my personality.

Video games do not make people act out, people themselves do.
Ever hear 'video games rot your brains' If that were true my brains must be mush by now. =|

People who have never played a video game under the type of genre that suits their style or interest then they must not know a thing.

Video games are the world now, if their against video games, their against the world.
Vincent Chain
Vincent Chain
Buccaneer
Buccaneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:53 pm

Shadow Stalker wrote:Aren't we free? We are allowed to play video games all we want, video games do not influence us. PEOPLE IN REAL LIFE DO! I get my style from my brother, I like video games because of him. I am not confident about a lot of things because of the untrusted. I feel abandoned because my parents never spent time with me. I feel like I get judged all the time for something I never mean to do or they just do not get my personality.

Video games do not make people act out, people themselves do.
Ever hear 'video games rot your brains' If that were true my brains must be mush by now. =|

People who have never played a video game under the type of genre that suits their style or interest then they must not know a thing.

Video games are the world now, if their against video games, their against the world.

Well said. Sadly, people like to blame anything for their own errors. Videogames are a pretty easy target (probably because of the stereotypes that cling to people who play videogames). The worst thing that a game can do is make you a bit annoyed, but it's no indication of a crazy mudering spree that's about to happen or anything.

Slightly off topic but there were people who claimed that the Harry Potter franchise was making kids evil...so yeah, people are willing to blame some bloody stupid things.
Luminous
Luminous
Masochist
Masochist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sniper Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:12 pm

Love how they forgot to mention the whole turtle-stomping thing.
Sniper
Sniper
Crack open the Kronenbourg!
Crack open the Kronenbourg!

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:18 am

Turtles must be the spawn of Satan. =/
Luminous
Luminous
Masochist
Masochist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down