Port Sapphire forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm just that guy.

Go down

I'm just that guy. Empty I'm just that guy.

Post by Terra Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:56 pm

Alright, so I decided to post this here because I might just blog more in the future. This will basically be my views on just about anything I feel needs to be said. If you have any comments, or questions, or would like to discuss with me further please PM me rather than posting in the thread. Thanks.
Terra
Terra
Chasing Pavements
Chasing Pavements

Location : I think I'm here... but the sign says there? And that one says everywhere. :<

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

I'm just that guy. Empty Re: I'm just that guy.

Post by Terra Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:57 pm

Bisexuality

Most of you probably already know, but for those of you who don't I'll be blunt. I am bi. Three simple words, which closely relate to a topic I've only recently run into. Let me start off by saying I've been "out of the closet" to anyone who matters for about a year and half, maybe two years now (And in all honesty, I'm not hiding it; I just don't feel the need for the world to know-It's my business I'll do with it what I please). Not once have I run into the point of this rant/debate-esque discussion; said discussion being on the fact that I don't know who I am and what I want.

The most recent example would have to be last Saturday. I went to a cast party for a show I was in that just closed earlier that night. Party was a blast, albeit a bit chilly (twas an outside party), and I ended up going inside for warmth only to encounter that above statement no less than five minutes later. Now, the whole topic was brought up by several friends/acquaintances that followed me inside, mostly because of my other bi friend's new and very straight boyfriend. I don't know what it is about him, but I honestly think he's in the dark about my friend because the guy is passively homophobic.

My friend just casually tossed out there that most everyone in the room was gay, save for her and myself and him. That part I couldn't care less about, and believe it or not, it was not the boyfriend to tell me that I'm confused. Rather, one of the other gay people in the room looked me dead in the eye and said: "Oh, you're not bi. You're totally gay, you just don't want to admit it, are confused, or just trying to get attention."

Now if someone said that on here, I'd probably debate in a satisfactory manner until my point was clearly stated and effectively put to rest. But, in real life, I'm not quite as aggressive and proceeded to just purse my lips. My friend, casually tried to move the conversation on from that saying that she agreed with him and tried to bring up something else. The conversation did not change, and remained on my confusion for a good twenty minutes after that, mostly because of the aforementioned person's refusal to believe that I am bi.

First off, I am bi. I am not hiding anything, I am not confused, and I am most certainly not trying to get attention. I know who I am, I know what I like, and I am perfectly happy knowing that those two points are what they are. I am attracted to both women and men. I do not like one sex more than the other, I do not see this as looking past gender, I do not just want sex; I am just who I am. As my signature says: Love is love, no matter who you find it in. That is my belief, and that is not and will not be changing anytime soon.

This person's comments and all of the false statements listed above are entirely inaccurate. Bisexuality does exist. The only reason people like him have these views are because of the society we live in. The sad fact of the matter is, our society pushes anyone who isn't heterosexual to hate themselves and try to deny it. Hence why we have people come out and say that they are bisexual when they are really not. "Bi now; Gay later," is the typical view that we have gotten used to because of how our society is.

If we, as people, could just accept things we would not have comments like that individuals. Obviously though, and I'm not being spiteful here, as human beings we can't just 'accept things.' It is in our nature to be strong-willed and opinionated no matter how passive the individual. Just know that Bisexuality is out there, and it does exist. Those of us who are truly bi are not confused or any of that. Just as you are sure that you are gay or straight or whatever, we're sure we are bi.

And that's not changing anytime soon.
Terra
Terra
Chasing Pavements
Chasing Pavements

Location : I think I'm here... but the sign says there? And that one says everywhere. :<

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum