The Relationship Thread

Go down

The Relationship Thread

Post by Tuitfio on Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:16 pm

Is there that one person who is running through your mind day and night? Have you just met the person of your dreams and have to let someone know? Do you already have a partner and you want to share stories or have a problem that you need to talk to someone about? Then this is the thread for you! This thread is devoted for everything associated with relationships and if you need advice our lovely community will no doubt help you out Smile

I will get this thread up and running I think.

So it was my mums wedding last weekend and at the reception a few of her work colleagues came. Now my mum has mentioned one of these girls a lot as she sits next to her and in the build up to her wedding has also joked about how I should marry her because she's a lovely girl, she's a few years older than me I think. Now in true man fashion I asked my mum if this girl was hot and she replied with a less than convincing, 'Yeahh she's quite pretty.'

Now when it came to meeting this girl finally I was blown away by how pretty she truly was. Unfortunately instead of trying to do my best to impress her, I was pretty drunk so acted, very drunk. From what I can remember I was loud, had a dance off in front of her and claimed I couldn't whistle when I can, to name but a few moments of the night.

So naturally I woke up thinking of how much I embarrassed myself. Now my mum has since went back to work and apparently she found me hilarious. So maybe I didn't embarrass myself as much as I thought.

She came round a few days later to chat with my mum and get her nails done, during which time I thought of several reasons to go into the room to see and talk to her. So since the wedding I have thought about her a lot.

Now I don't often fancy girls as I am very picky. My problem is I have no way of contacting her she doesn't have facebook and I haven't got her number nor asked for it because she is my mums friend and when I've seen her I haven't felt like I know her enough for it to be appropriate to ask for it. My mum doesn't know I fancy her either. So how would I go about this scenario, I'm sure my mum would be supportive if I told her because we are close and she's cool like that but I still think it would be weird to talk to her about it atm cos it is her friend and I have no way of talking to this girl except through my mum. Oh and there is also the chance that she won't like me but I'm awesome and won't worry about that yet Razz

So you guys work on that and I am going to go to sleep and then work Cool

Oh yeah and I look forward to helping all you guys Very Happy
Tuitfio
Nautical Admin
Nautical Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: The Relationship Thread

Post by Terra on Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:43 pm

Well, considering you don't have another way of contacting her, I'd have to say you're going to have to tell your mom. Only way you can set something set up, making it seem like a nice get together so you can eventually work your way to asking her out. Of course, you could just tell her now if you want to skip that and see what happens from there.

As for myself, I've currently got that special someone and I don't plan on letting them go any time soon. I went through a little too much to let anything mess this up right now.

Chasing Pavements
Chasing Pavements

Location : I think I'm here... but the sign says there? And that one says everywhere. :<

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Post by Sniper on Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:43 am

Well, the first step is relatively easy. You've simply got to talk to this girl in a sober state, because from that, she'll be able to figure out both sides of you, which'll immediately be a signal of any potential interest on her part. You are going to have to talk to your mum about this though if you really want it to work.

After that, if there is potential interest there from the girl...well, you know the rest.
Sniper
Crack open the Kronenbourg!

Back to top Go down

Post by Romeo on Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:46 am

Paradise wrote:
Well, considering you don't have another way of contacting her, I'd have to say you're going to have to tell your mom. Only way you can set something set up, making it seem like a nice get together so you can eventually work your way to asking her out. Of course, you could just tell her now if you want to skip that and see what happens from there.

As for myself, I've currently got that special someone and I don't plan on letting them go any time soon. I went through a little too much to let anything mess this up right now.

So "The Plan" worked then?
Romeo
Lover boy
Lover boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Terra on Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:37 am

Not accordingly, but yes.

(Color and font will come later.)

Chasing Pavements
Chasing Pavements

Location : I think I'm here... but the sign says there? And that one says everywhere. :<

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuitfio on Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:55 am

I knew you'd say I'd have to tell my mum tongue

Well my mum's new husband is a drummer and he has a few gigs that my mum usually invites people to, so I will probs do my best to find out if this girl is going or get my mum to invite her. If my mum asks I'll tell her why but there is no real rush.

Oh and I have spoke to her when sober but it was mainly talking about me being drunk Embarassed

There was a plan involved for you? I've been thinking I need an evil, complex plan myself! Twisted Evil
Tuitfio
Nautical Admin
Nautical Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sniper on Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:57 am

See, for the plan, you need to get yourself some cholofo-, I mean...uh...get her a box of chocolates...

I kid, just improvise man. xD
Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuitfio on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:11 am

Haha we need a like button!

Oh well only time will tell, I'm awful at reading signals too so that should be fun Suspect
Tuitfio
Nautical Admin
Nautical Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous on Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:01 pm

Hutjung wrote:See, for the plan, you need to get yourself some cholofo-, I mean...uh...get her a box of chocolates...

I kid, just improvise man. xD

Thank you for cheering me up dude, that comment made my day. xDD

I can't really add much apart from what other people have said Dan. Telling your mum does seem like the most sensible option but, to higlight a stereotype, I would say that because I'm female and I feel more comfortable speaking to my mother. Lol.
Thing is, it was strange when I met my boyfriend. I can't really remember what happened to make us like each other so much but he did decide to move around the classroom just to sit next to me...and I believe that he said that he liked how I helped people who seemed to be 'less comfortable' (in a social way). ANYWAY, ENOUGH TALK ABOUT ME GODDAMNIT.

Just strike a conversation with her. You'll find out whether she's the right girl for you or not with time. You'll know. =P

Masochist
Masochist

http://portsapphire.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuitfio on Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:19 pm

There are many reasons why I am single, sometimes I am too picky, sometimes the girl doesn't like me and sometimes I just don't even talk to girls. However on a very rare occurrence it is because of my own indecisiveness and desperation at finding the one.

For the purposes of this story I shall remind you that I am currently 21 and please try to picture this story retelling in old timey pub story telling just because... A few Saturdays back I want out for drinks for my best friends birthday, she had a great time, I was awesome, you get the idea just the usual in my life. However on said Saturday a girl struck my eye and after a brief time talking to her she had to leave. Ask for her number I did not for the guy she was with I believed to be her boyfriend. The true identity of the man I did not find out until after she had left for he was just friend. So in a totally non stalkerish way I added her to facebook a few days later.

Begin speaking to her I did and before long my charm was clearly working because guys, come on, it's me. Speak me we did for days on end until one afternoon she gives me her number right out of the blue. We text and text and text some more and as I make my way to the pub I eagerly wait to tell my best friends who are a couple that soon the group could very well had an addition.

Alas as my bro's maiden did enter the pub, before seated with drink or ordering grub.
She speaks of a fair lass she has come to realise, with her mother agreeing, that I could begin to idolise.
For she is perfect for me they believe, a love for her they think I'll achieve.
But meet we cannot until the end of March, as my friend felt like my love monarch.
My friends play she will attend, in hopes that my loneliness will end.
So who to choose I ask you now, a decision that I know of not how.

Ok first props to those who read that, why I thought rhyming the last verse was a good idea I don't know, rhyming is hard.

Second, basically I've been talking to this girl who I'm pretty sure likes me but she is 18. But this other girl who I haven't met but my friend seemed pretty sure of is 23 so as you can see they are kind of different sides of the spectrum. I don't know whether to try and drag out prolonging a relationship with the first girl in order to meet the second girl, or just go for it with this first girl, a month is a long time after all.

Third, why didn't I just say that originally? Well just because what I said first was more fun and part of it rhymed. Very Happy

So any advice is appreciated and while you think I will eat this yoghurt. Cool
Tuitfio
Nautical Admin
Nautical Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous on Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:07 pm

I'd go for the first lady. I'll actually add some of my own opinions later on when I'm in the right mindset. xD

Masochist
Masochist

http://portsapphire.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuitfio on Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:15 pm

Yeah I reckon I will go for the first because if I keep trying to find reasons to not get in a relationship then I actually never will.

I think the age just threw me off a bit that or maybe I'm just so set in my ways at being single I am worried about how my life will change when in a relationship.
Tuitfio
Nautical Admin
Nautical Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Terra on Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:42 pm

Can I just say that liking multiple people, all of which are unavailable in their own way, sucks balls.

Chasing Pavements
Chasing Pavements

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuitfio on Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:50 pm

Don't worry guys I went for the first girl and it hasn't happened, meeting the other girl on friday by the looks of it lol.

Terra wrote:Can I just say that liking multiple people, all of which are unavailable in their own way, sucks balls.

Ahh what's up buddy?
Tuitfio
Nautical Admin
Nautical Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Terra on Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:59 pm

Nothing's up. That's the problem. :P

Chasing Pavements
Chasing Pavements

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuitfio on Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:46 pm

Haha fair enough.

Met that girl, she was really nice Smile So fingers crossed.
Tuitfio
Nautical Admin
Nautical Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down