Port Sapphire forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shad and Silv's one-on-one Pokemon journey roleplay

2 posters

Go down

Shad and Silv's one-on-one Pokemon journey roleplay Empty Shad and Silv's one-on-one Pokemon journey roleplay

Post by Luminous Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:09 pm

Only me and Silv are allowed to post in this topic guys. So yeah, keep out haha.

Our characters will be embarking on a Pokemon journey through the region of Kanto where...stuff will happen.

Standard rules for roleplaying apply here.

Apps will be posted in this thread as per usual then the journey will be underway!
Luminous
Luminous
Masochist
Masochist

https://portsapphire.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Shad and Silv's one-on-one Pokemon journey roleplay Empty Re: Shad and Silv's one-on-one Pokemon journey roleplay

Post by Luminous Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:58 pm

Name: Hugh Misheln.
(NOT the Hugh from Oreoho, I just wanted to use a carbon-copy of him for this because I want to practice RPing as him lol).

Appearance: Hugh is a tall guy, coming in at 6'3'' in height. He tends to lean forwards most of the time in order to make himself look shorter. The reason for doing this is unclear. It may just be because being tall can be a bit of an inconvenience. He wears very similar clothing from day to day, rarely straying away from the comfortable jeans and t-shirt combination with a thin grey jacket over the top. Hugh also wears trainers at all times of the year. They're blue and white in colour. His eyes are a greeny-brown in hue and they are generally obscured slightly by his mop-like hair, which is dark brown. It's long enough to almost cover his ears. Glasses are always worn as he cannot see without them. They're rimless along the bottom which makes them lighter in weight. Hugh is of an average build. He's not all that muscular but he can hold his own in a fight.

Personality: A diplomat, Hugh is pretty much the essence of a guy whom would not lose his temper with ease. His exterior suggests that he is very confident, but this can be a façade at times. This guy is a stereotypical nerd variation, having good knowledge of Pokemon technology. This does nothing for his social status (he wasn't the most popular child at his school by a long-shot). He naturally finds it easy to explain theories and he has a logical mind. He is prone to philosophical observations from time to time but he does not share these with many people at all. He keeps harsh opinions about others to himself which gives him a natural skill of being able to interact normally with people he carries volatile grudges for. However, if spurned, he will react in the way that he considers appropriate- i.e. violence. He is very intelligent but his expertise is limited to maths, sciences, and technology. Hugh lacks creative skills.

Backstory: Hugh was born and raised in Saffron City, Kanto. He attended the local school and learnt about the major subjects (English, Maths, Science, and some Pokemon training skills because it's customary within the Pokemon regions to have some knowledge in that area). His mother still works at the local Pokemon center as a nurse while his father works with a delivery service that delivers Pokemart produce all around Kanto. Hugh Misheln was never a popular person and because of that he tried to fit in with pretty much every social group - which made him very annoying. Since then he has matured a lot and stopped giving a flying toss about that kind of thing. In school he was prone to suddenly losing his temper in the strangest of situations because of his social frustrations. His temperment has also improved, but occasionally it does threaten to overflow in an emotional explosion. Because of his experiences Hugh has never had much of an emotional connection with Saffron city. He passed schooling with very high grades in his subjects and he went to work at Silph.co doing the thing that he enjoys the most - programming. Hugh could always figure out a method that he could adopt in order to hack into a computer or some other interactive device. It was a hobby that he persued in his spare time.

However, he found that he was getting incredibly bored of working with computers every day. He had always kept up to date with how Pokemon worked and such by reading books in his work breaks and wondered what it would be like to go on one of those journeys that all of the kids embarked upon. He saved up some funds and informed his parents that he would be renting a property in Pallet Town for a while before he embarked upon a Pokemon journey. He took his best Pokemon friend Growlithe with him (whom had lived in the Misheln's home since Hugh was 5) and after he handed in his final notice to Silph.co he left the city that he had never been all that fond of behind and went to the property that he had bought out. Hugh's currently been there for around a month.

Final team: Arcanine, Alakazam, Sandslash, Empoleon, Jolteon, Hydreigon. (He may get extras but we'll see about that).

Starter: Growlithe. (It knows the egg move Close Combat).

Last edited by Shadrawr on Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Luminous
Luminous
Masochist
Masochist

Back to top Go down

Shad and Silv's one-on-one Pokemon journey roleplay Empty Re: Shad and Silv's one-on-one Pokemon journey roleplay

Post by Terra Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:49 pm

Name: Quinn
-----------------------------
Appearance: X
Personality: Quinn is very strong willed and upbeat, despite his rather depressing past. His dreams of adventure, honest and kind personality, and most recently his successful capture of an Eevee aren't a result of his effort however. Rather, the young woman who came to Cerulean a year prior helped Quinn reach this, as before he was very detached from the world. This being said, while he is generally upbeat, even he has his flaws. He is very susceptible to taunting and bullying, and crumbles easily under such pressure. He'll try to remain positive in the toughest situations, but the positivity won't last if he becomes the prime target of a shit storm.
History: Born and raised in Cerulean City, Quinn was the only child of a widowed woman. Having lost his father at a young age, he became rather distant and depressed. And it was because of this that unlike most children, Quinn had not been interested in raising pokemon and becoming a trainer. He didn't wish to leave his mother all alone and frankly didn't like the idea of being a trainer, viewing it as enslavement. So even though he took courses on Pokemon in school (as part of the curriculum) he didn't not wish to pursue it any further.

That was, until a young woman of only two years older than him passed through town. A young trainer named Sylvia, helped to change his opinion of pokemon training. In the short while she spent around him and the town she taught him that it wasn't as barbaric as he thought it to be, and that with the right pokemon he could come home anytime. And at that point he started to look up, preparing to set out on a journey as soon as he possibly could.
Pokemon:

Shad and Silv's one-on-one Pokemon journey roleplay 133MS
Eevee
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Shad and Silv's one-on-one Pokemon journey roleplay 548MS
Petilil

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Shad and Silv's one-on-one Pokemon journey roleplay 155MS
Cyndaquil

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Shad and Silv's one-on-one Pokemon journey roleplay 104MS
Cubone

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Shad and Silv's one-on-one Pokemon journey roleplay 222MS
Corsola

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Shad and Silv's one-on-one Pokemon journey roleplay 574MS
Gothita

(Sorry it is rather poor quality, I'm off my game today.)
Terra
Terra
Chasing Pavements
Chasing Pavements

Location : I think I'm here... but the sign says there? And that one says everywhere. :<

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Post by Terra Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:20 am

"Now at this turn I take a... left?"

The young teen looked up from the large paper map, turning his head to the side as he looked upon the route. He'd been stuck in here for nearly an hour and had almost no luck in getting out. Life would be so much easier if he had his own pokemon to protect him, then he could just dash through the grass and get to Pallet Town sooner. But alas, he didn't have a pokemon to his name and so he would have to continue walking outside of the grass.

He took the next left, his head gluing itself back to the map seconds afterwards. He stood still trying to decipher it for the longest time before coming to a realization, turning the map around, he let out an exasperated sigh. The map had been upside down! Folding the large mass of paper back together he fell to the floor, tired and upset. He might not get to Pallet Town before tomorrow at this rate, which would mean he would have to wait another night before starting his journey.

Just as he was about to get up and head back to Viridian City, something caught his eye. In the tall grass nearby, a slight rustling caused him to freeze in place. A wild pokemon at this time! Honestly how could things get any worse? He didn't have any pokeballs with him and he couldn't catch it without a trainer's license to call his own, lest he wish for whatever it was to disappear within Oak's lab forever. And so the teen was left to cringe in fear of something attacking him, at least he did until a voice rang out to him.

"You there! Boy! Don't you know its dangerous to be on Route 1 without any pokemon?"

Just as the boy was about to look up and see who was calling him, the pokemon appeared, a blur of brown and white fur. The thing tackled him to the ground and the owner of the voice from earlier rushed over to him. Through dazed vision the boy noticed a man much older than himself throw a red and white sphere at the creature that attacked him. The creature disappeared within the sphere, disappearing in a red flash, the orb fell to the ground and began to wiggle slightly. Once. . . twice. . . three times. . . ping! The boy blacked out before he could tell what was going on.
Terra
Terra
Chasing Pavements
Chasing Pavements

Location : I think I'm here... but the sign says there? And that one says everywhere. :<

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:15 pm

Hugh yawned widely. The tall adult was sat at his wooden kitchen table eating his breakfast which consisted of beans and toast. The room was fairly small but it didn't really matter because Hugh and his Growlithe were the only beings in residence. There were two black marble work surfaces, one under the window and the other one was positioned right next to the tall white fridge. The kitchen was actually the first room that anybody who came to the house would enter. Normally dirty dishes would have been left on the silver draining board but Hugh had decided to clean them seeming as he wouldn't be in his house for a while - a few months at the very least. He'd only really had to clean the kitchen and his bedroom as he spent most of the time in those two rooms. His dual-monitered computer was in his bedroom so he didn't have much of a reason to move away from there. Sometimes his old friends would come over to have a good ol' piss-up but this was a rare occurence as most of them had jobs of their own. Hugh had earned a good amount of cash at Silph.co seeming as it was a very large company despite of the problems it had encountered in the past with Team Rocket. So it wasn't like he lived like a student or anything.

His Growlithe was dozing away on the varnished wooden floor. Hugh got up from the table, patted his Pokemon's head, and then he washed his plate and the cutlery he had used. As he dried them off with a teatowel his gaze raked the kitchen window. It was opened slightly because it was a warm day. It was approaching noon and Hugh was due to meet Proffesor Oak in around fifteen minutes. He put his cutlery and plate in the kitchen cupboard and approached Growlithe, nudging its side slightly with the toe part of his trainers.

'C'mon Growly, we need to meet Oak soon,' Hugh muttered lowly.

Hugh commonly shortened his Pokemon's name to Growly. The canine opened its eyes slowly and looked up at his trainer with a disgruntled frown. The Fire Pokemon's owner rolled his eyes.

'Growl, Growlithe!'

Growlithe jumped up and approached Hugh's heel after barking at him loudly. Hugh smiled at the dog before picking up his large rucksack up from the kitchen floor. He positioned the straps so that they sat comfortably on his reasonably wide shoulders. Just as the pair were approaching the door, they heard a yell from outside.

'You there! Boy! Don't you know its dangerous to be on Route 1 without any pokemon?'

The aspiring trainer assumed that the voice was Oak's because of the way that it sounded. He turned around to shut the window brisquely before he went outside to investigate. Growlithe ran ahead down the street towards Route 1, barking loudly. Hugh fumbled around until he found his house keys. After the door was locked Hugh dashed after his Pokemon companion. Leaf Street was very close to Route 1 so he did not have to dash for long.

When he arrived he paused to catch his breath. Growlithe had grabbed the Pokeball off of the ground (in its mouth of course) and had passed it to Oak. Hugh's assumption had been right after all.

'Why thank you Growlithe. Now, who do you belong to?'

The Pokemon researcher turned around and saw Hugh panting. Oak seemed to recognise the adult. Pallet Town was a small populace, so most of the people in the area knew each other.

'Ah, Hugh! I take it that you're here to gather the supplies that you need for your journey!' Oak yelled cheerfully.

'Yeah, but...weren't you yelling at someone to get away from the grass?' Hugh enquired, having caught his breath.

'I didn't know that I was that loud...'
Oak chuckled to himself before getting back on track.
'Ah, yes. This boy was attacked by an Eevee. I believe that he's here to start his adventure as well. I'm not very strong so could you possibly pick him up for me so we can take him to my laboratory?'

'Sure.'

Growlithe trotted back to Hugh's heel and observed him as he picked up Quinn's unconscious form with some difficulty. His rucksack wasn't exactly the lightest thing in the world. Hugh ended up cradling Quinn within his long arms.

'Excellent, now follow me,' Oak said happily.

Oak idly tossed Eevee's Pokeball into the air repeatedly as they approached the large, rather clinical building that was the Pokemon Laboratory. It was on the other side of Leaf Street so it was not a long walk at all.

(Cliffhanger thing yay!)

Luminous
Luminous
Masochist
Masochist

Back to top Go down

Post by Terra Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:16 pm

The boy hardly stirred at all as the professor and older trainer made their way to the lab, entering at the same pace. Oak led the way from there, making his way to the back of the building, muttering a few things to the few aides working. As the trio reached the back of the lab, it was quite obvious Oak had been preparing for this moment. A set of three pokeballs in a small machine in the corner, papers stacked neatly, pokedex and pokeballs displayed proudly. He was even ready for a road bump such as Quinn, a tidy bed placed in the corner next to the healing machine used for pokemon.

"Just set him over there, I'm sure he'll come to in a minute."

"Kay."

The older soon to be trainer moved over to the bed, laying the unconscious boy on the covers carefully. Moving back over to Oak, he nodded at the professor, allowing him to continue. The man shuffled around for sometime gathering everything Hugh would need for the journey, lastly picking up the five red and white orbs he would need. Setting all of the items on the counter nearby, clearing his throat for a moment.

"I'm sure you're already familiar with this Hugh, so I shall give you the short version. You have five pokeballs issued to aid you in catching pokemon. You have a pokedex to help researchers like myself understand pokemon better. And lastly we, the other professors and I, have decided to issue Pokegears to new trainers so we may reach you at any time."

Moving the items in Hugh's direction, Oak moved away from the table and over to the machine with the three pokeballs. He opened the thin crystal like glass with a smile, pulling out the three pokeballs and moving back over to the trainer. Setting them down on the table he had set the other things on. Pointing to each one he carefully explained each one in great detail, finishing up by setting the Eevee's pokeball next to them.

"Also, as a Pokemon Professor, it is part of my job to offer you a starter pokemon. Right here we have Bulbasaur, a grass type; Here we have Charmander, a fire type; Squirtle is here, a water type; and lastly we have the Eevee from earlier, a normal type. Would you be interested in any of these?"

Hugh shook his head.

"No thank you."

Oak chuckled slightly, having had a feeling he would say no.

"Alright then, you can go I guess, there's nothing more for me to-"

It was at that moment the boy they had carried in began to stir, sitting up ever so slightly. He rubbed the forced sleep from his eyes, looking around he was confused. At least until he noticed Oak and Hugh, he remembered seeing the older man just before he blacked out. Had the guy closer to his age also saved him from whatever happened? Getting up off the bed, he stood shakily, looking around once more, a perplexed look stuck on his face.

"Wh- where am I?"
Terra
Terra
Chasing Pavements
Chasing Pavements

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:24 pm

Growlithe, who had been by Hugh's heel all that time, bounded towards Quinn's bed when he spoke up. Hugh reached the firey canine within a few strides and picked the Pokemon up before it could jump onto the bed and cover Quinn's face with a fine film of slobber.

'That's a cool Growlithe you have there. Who're you by the way? I'm Quinn, it's nice to meet you,' the teen commented with a smile on his face.

'I'm Hugh. I guess you're starting out as well?' he asked, trying to make some conversation with him. It wasn't one of his strong points but he was willing to try at least. Growlithe was wagging his tail happily as he continued to stare up at Quinn.

'I suggest that you stay in bed for a short while Quinn. You look shaky and we wouldn't want you to fall unconscious again!' Oak laughed. He seemed to make every situation into a more light-hearted affair, which was endearing in a way. Quinn nodded and sat back down slowly, gesturing at Growlithe to come over for a stroke. The loyal Pokemon looked up at his owner with a look that suggested that he was asking Hugh for permission before he went over to meet the younger male. Hugh smiled and nodded. Growlithe barked again with much enthusiasm and bounded towards Quinn, closing his eyes as he was scratched just behind the ears.

CRASH!

Hugh wheeled around in surprise when the loud noise echoed throughout the small building. Oak jumped slightly and Quinn looked up, still stroking Growly. Growlithe was enjoying being stroked too much to care about the noise. At the end of the room stood an adult whom was a similar age to Hugh. It turned out that he was been the one who decided to open the door with so much force that it hit the wall. Two of Oak's aides were just stood close by looking dumbstruck. The male has spiky hair that was around four inches long. The harsh spikes weren't neat, giving him the appearance of someone who had been running through a wind tunnel. His black jacket was zipped up and he wore skinny jeans that were a dark blue in shade. Hugh was glaring at him (which was generally uncharacteristic of him) as he walked up towards the table that Oak had settled the Pokeballs on. His black trainers were fastened loosely so they slopped around his feet as he walked. His glance met Hugh's and he smirked in a cocky fashion. When he reached the table he leant against it, rapping his right knuckle against the wooden surface.

'Hey Oak, I'm here for my Pokemon. I haven't got all day you know,' he said with no poilteness in his tone. His voice was fairly deep but not as deep as Hugh's.

'Well...you can choose from the Pokemon that I have here. There's Bulbasaur, the Grass-type, Charmander, the Fire-type, Squirtle, the Water-type, and Eevee, a Normal-type Pokemon. Take your time,' Oak explained, remaining relatively cheerful despite the boy's awful attitude. As the boy glanced down at the Pokeballs, Hugh folded his arms tightly and spoke up.

'Ryan, I didn't know that you were planning on becoming a Pokemon trainer. Especially today of all days,' Hugh said heavily, as if he was forcing himself to be civil with much difficulty. Ryan glanced at him and laughed. His laughter sounded wheezy.

'Well how would have you known? We haven't seen each other since school you 'tard. Looks like I can prove how good I am to you now!' Ryan replied in a very amused tone. He didn't seem to feel anywhere as uncomfortable as Hugh did. He walked up to the bed and stood in front of Hugh, his head coming up to somewhere near the top of his chest because of his dimunutive stature. He made Hugh look like someone who actually worked out.

'You'll have no chance of becoming the champion with me around. So I'd get that idea out of your head right now dude...

Growlithe walked away from Quinn's hand and began to snarl, his hackles raised threateningly. He snapped his jaws at Ryan with aggression. He didn't like it when people were unpleasant towards Hugh. Growly was very protective over his best human friend. This action made Ryan pause in mid-sentence. Oak seemed to be in his own world. He was polishing some Pokeballs that he had fetched for Ryan, humming lightly as he did so. Ryan's green-coloured Pokedex was also positioned close to the Pokeballs. Quinn's expression was somewhere between apprehension and surprise.

'You really need to control that mutt of yours dude. I think I'll be choosing Charmander. That guy evolves into a right bad-ass,' Ryan smirked, turning away from Hugh and Growlithe in order to pick up a Pokeball with red-text scrolled across it. The text simply said: 'Charmander'. The only ball with no writing on it was Eevee's. Hugh flipped him off (i.e. raised his index finger and his middle finger) while he wasn't facing in Hugh's direction.

'Ah, I've seen that you've chosen Charmander! That Pokemon is feisty but it is quite easy to raise. Here...'

Oak passed the green Pokedex and the five Pokeballs towards Ryan. He snatched them and placed the devices into his bag, which resembled a saddle bag. Just as he was about to leave a girl strolled inside the building. Her stature was average. She seemed to be around Ryan's height as well. Long, dark brown locks framed her spiteful features. She was wearing a black dress that revealed a fair amount of her chest area. Ryan's light blue eyes immediattely jumped towards her breasts. She didn't seem to mind at all, despite seeing the quite obvious reaction. The footwear that she had come in wasn't all that appropriatte either. The girl wore black heels that made her taller than Ryan (the comment before was regarding to her height without heels on). She struggled to balance in them. Growlithe had stopped snarling by now but the look across his muzzle suggested that he wasn't impressed by the female either. Hugh simply raised an eyebrow at her. Oak seemed to be in his own world again so he hadn't noticed her at all yet.

Quinn had gotten to his feet without Hugh or Oak noticing. He was glaring directly at her, which was uncharacteristic for him as well. Her brown-green eyes met his hazel ones.

'Hello Brittney. You appear to be struggling to walk in those shoes. I think that you need to get some flatter footwear,' Quinn said in a genuine manner. Hugh couldn't help but nod slightly at his comment. Brittney's features became even more sour and she made a 'hmph' noise.

'I don't have time for you now Quinn. We need to get going. Unlike you and that friend of yours, we have places to be going to. Come on Ryan. I only came in here to see what was taking you so long,' she snapped.

Ryan strode to her side with a goofy expression on his face. They glanced at Quinn and Hugh for one last time before they walked out of Oak's lab. Hugh and Quinn looked at each other, thinking about how ironic it was that their most-hated rivals were apparently travelling with each other. Growlithe had grown bored and started to clean his fur in a lazy manner.

Luminous
Luminous
Masochist
Masochist

Back to top Go down

Post by Terra Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:27 pm

"Whatever could be her problem?"

Still quite uncharacteristically, Quinn rolled his eyes at her leaving, turning around to face Oak. Should either of the jerks that had just entered come back in for whatever reason, he would not wish to look at them. He was going on a journey in just a few minutes, this was a happy day, he would not let them ruin it. Taking a look at the remaining pokeballs, he tilted his head to the side, noticing that one of them was not marked in the slightest. At this point, Oak took note, a small smile returning to his face.

"That would be the Eevee that attacked you earlier. Though I don't recommend it, you may take it if you like."

At this point, Quinn nodded, taking it along with five other pokeballs and the last remaining pokedex. But he didn't slip everything into his bag, rather he slipped everything but Eevee's pokeball in and rather pressed the white button on the red sphere. With a red flash, the little brown fox from earlier began to appear, the creature's pokeball slipping into Quinn's bag as well. The fox materialized, the red flash dispersing, leaving only the tiny creature.

She looked around wildly, before her ears pinned themselves down to the sides of her face. It was quite obvious she was afraid of whatever had happened to her since she had last been free. Before Quinn could move down to her side, she closed her eyes in desperation and lunged at the nearest thing, that being Growlithe.

With no time to react, Growlithe was forced to take the rather weak tackle head on, surprised by the sudden change. He did not however, react with hostility or venom that would be expected of someone like Brittney. Instead he merely rolled over, causing the Eevee to stumble and fall on her face. At which point, Quinn kneeled down next to the little fox and gently scratched her behind the ears before petting the long fur carefully. Resting his hand on her head after a moment he stroked her for a couple seconds, before moving his hand to allow her to shake her head.

When she came to again, her eyes were no longer full of fear or worry, but rather a shyness and nervousness. Quinn didn't say anything, but offered a gentle smile and a caring hand. Eevee shook slightly for only a moment before moving over timidly and allowing Quinn to scratch her ears once again, a slight purr coming from the tiny fox. Quinn's smile grew and he nodded with a newfound excitement, picking up the brown fluffball after a moment, keeping her in his arms.

"There now. I don't think she'll be a problem."

Oak chuckled slightly once more, a warm smile on his face.

"I guess not then."

He was silent for a couple of minutes, quite pleased with the sight of the new trainers, but before he could get lost in the thoughts of their coming adventures he spoke.

"Well, I have nothing more than a few words of advice to offer you now. It would be in your best interest to travel together; there are many dangers in this world, it is always better to have a friend to lean on in these times."

At this, Quinn looked over at Hugh for a moment, silently asking him if it was alright. He didn't want to intrude where he didn't belong, but the thought of traveling with him did make sense. If Brittney and Ryan were going to be traveling together, they might as well travel together themselves.
Terra
Terra
Chasing Pavements
Chasing Pavements

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:04 pm

Hugh had looked on in silence, observing how Eevee reacted towards Quinn. The brown fox seemed to have calmed down quickly but it still had an air of nervousness around it. Growlithe was keeping his distance to ensure that the Eevee felt comfortable. Hugh was genuinely glad when Quinn managed to pick his first Pokemon up without a problem. Growlithe looked up at his trainer and started to whimper slightly, his eyes widened. Hugh shook his head and smiled lightly, picking up his Pokemon and bringing it closer to the Eevee. He had listened to Oak's words and saw Quinn's questioning glance. The adult just hadn't chosen to respond yet. Eevee seemed fairly happy to have Growlithe around as she continued to purr lowly. Growly sniffed at Eevee in order to remember her scent.

'Yeah we might as well travel together,' Hugh stated simply.
Quinn smiled and nodded in approval. He was relieved that Hugh didn't think that he was intruding. This statement seemed to prompt Oak to be as cheerful as humanly possible. He almost jumped up and down in his excitement.

'Excellent! Stay safe and be sure to document as many Pokemon as possible!' he grinned, patting each of them on the back in encouragment. The males nodded and headed outside.

It was even warmer than it had been beforehand. Hugh set his rucksack down in order to take his jacket off. Growlithe leapt out of his arms and began to roll around in the emerald grass. His eyes were closed and a smile quickly spread across his muzzle. Quinn glanced over at Hugh and thought that it would be a good idea to let Eevee run around as well. She looked up at him as he set her down alongside Growlithe. The canine paused and gave her a bark of encouragement. Eevee walked away from her trainer slowly, looking around with curiosity. She still looked slightly awkward but Quinn was sure that she wouldn't end up running off again. Growlithe jumped up and tackled her in the side playfully. Eevee rolled over and looked over at the orange-furred Pokemon. She smiled widely and tackled Growlithe, knocking him off of his feet. They rolled around in the grass without a care in the world.

'We should try to make it to Viridian today. It'll probably be too late to make it through the forest in one go when we get there, so what do you think about staying in Viridian?' Hugh asked casually.

'That sounds fine to me,' Quinn smiled.

The pair began to walk towards Route 1. Growlithe and Eevee noticed them leaving and ran after them. Hugh slowed down in order to let Growly come to his heel and Quinn picked up the shy Eevee. Despite her nature she seemed to have warmed up to Growlithe quickly, which pleased Quinn. They both stepped onto the grassy path at the same time and they glanced at the sign simultaneously.

'So, this is the first route that we'll be walking through. This should be really cool!' Quinn beamed, hugging his Eevee tighter than he had been doing before. Hugh nodded. He was still trying to make a proper impression of Quinn. He seemed pleasant. Well, anybody was more pleasant than Ryan and that slut Brittney.

They began to make their way through the thick grass. Growlithe has his ears pricked up and his gaze kept switching positions. It was obvious that he was alert. Eevee was also looking around, but she did not seem to be adopting a guard-dog persona like Growly was. The Pidgeys flew away when they saw the trainers approach, having decided that they did not want to take on Hugh and Quinn's Pokemon. Just as Hugh and Quinn started to relax a high-pitched squeal echoed through the threes and a small purple figure leapt out of the undergrowth, resembling a blur as it soared towards Hugh's face. Growlithe barked angrily and attempted to jump up but the ball of purple fluff collided with Hugh's face, knocking him over.

It was unclear how hurt he was.

Luminous
Luminous
Masochist
Masochist

Back to top Go down

Post by Terra Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:03 pm

Quinn nearly shrieked as the purple ball of fluff knocked into Hugh, causing him to collide with the ground. Falling backwards himself, Eevee rolled out of his arms, hitting the ground with a thud. Both shaking their head in confusion they were met with the beady, red, almost hyper eyes of a Rattata. Once again, Quinn nearly shrieked in shock, backing away on hands in feet while sputtering incoherent nonsense. Eevee, however, did not move back; though shaking she closed her eyes and lunged at the purple rat.

However, whether it was her closed eyes or just the rat's deftness, but Eevee missed by a hair, the rat charging at the other pokemon. Lightning fast speed reared its way into the orange dog, knocking it back in the sandy area, but not knocking it off balance. The Rattata had only a few seconds to fall back to the ground before Growlithe retaliated quickly and surely. Tackle after tackle after tackle after tackle connected with the tiny rat, sending it flying into a nearby tree. Sliding down the bark, it hit the ground with a thud, attempting to weakly stand, but falling before it could lift itself an inch.

By this time Hugh was up on his feet, brushing himself off, carefully minding the minor bruise the Rattata had gifted him with. The same could not be said for Quinn, who even after the rat had been defeated, remained on the ground cringing slightly. It was quite obvious he wasn't used to such encounters, which was a wonder since just earlier today and yesterday he had been walking from Cerulean. Opening his tightly closed eyes only the slightest bit, he attempted to take in what had happened since he fell back. It took a couple moments for him to realize that Growlithe had finished off the tiny rat and they were safe once again.

"Huh? Is it... did you?"

"Growly took care of it."

"Oh..."

At this, Quinn pushed himself to his feet, brushing off himself off as Hugh had done. He looked away from the older trainer, blushing slightly, unhappy with his performance. As much as he hated to admit, he was disappointed with how useless he had been in the previous couple minutes. Not only had he failed to get his pokemon to battle, but he fell on his butt and cringed like a child, it was humiliating! Finishing brushing himself off, he looked up and ahead of the others, nodding slightly.

He began to move, but then he looked down at Eevee and Growlithe and he paused. While neither had been hurt too badly, they were still a little more scratched up than he would have liked. Unfortunately for him, he had not packed any potions, nor did he have any berries prepared for this occasion. It seemed they would just have to continue with their bruises until they reached Viridian, but that didn't sit well with Quinn, and he figured it wouldn't sit well with Hugh either.

Eevee, noticing her trainer's distress, made a look of concern. Her brow furrowed slightly, she didn't quite understand what was wrong, until she looked at Growlithe. And then it dawned on her, the look of concern lost to a look of determination. They had both been hurt in battle, even if it was only slightly, and Quinn had not liked that. Fortunately, she could ease her trainer's worry, closing her eyes more comfortably compared to how she had earlier. With a slight glimmer passing over Eevee, Quinn's eyebrow raised in surprise for only a moment before both Eevee and Growlithe began to glow slightly.

When the glow faded, both pokemon stood unharmed, as though the incident had never occurred. It was almost like magic, Quinn looking to Hugh in disbelief. Could pokemon really do that?
Terra
Terra
Chasing Pavements
Chasing Pavements

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:33 pm

Hugh's right eyebrow climbed up his forehead slightly in bewilderment. His gaze raked over Quinn's equally bewildered look for a moment or two before he looked down at his Growlithe, who was barking with joy and running circles around Quinn's Eevee. The trainer couldn't help but smile.

'Well, I know that Growlithe used Close Combat on that Rattata - which is an egg move...but I didn't know that Wish could be used on more than one Pokemon at a time. Wish is also an egg move...I think. It sounds right anyway. Looks like both of our Pokemon know unusual moves,' Hugh explained, a smile still spread across his features. His expression became a bit more stern as he looked over at the rat-like creature that was sprawled across the grass looking sorry for itself. He didn't know whether it was a wild Pokemon or not. In all honesty he wouldn't be interested in capturing it even if it happened to be wild. The furry little bugger had given him a very prominent bruise.

'Ratty! Ratty, where are you?'
Quinn and Hugh looked up the path and saw a small boy who looked around eight running down the beaten, dusty tarmac. When he spotted his Pokemon he knelt besides the Rattata without even acknowledging the presence of the older trainers. Hugh and Quinn exchanged a confused glance. Growlithe and Eevee approached their trainers cautiously.

'Is that Rattata yours?' Hugh enquired with a straight face.
'Oh...yes it is sir,' the small boy replied tentatively, shuffling around so that he could get a better view of Quinn and Hugh.
'Well, it leapt at me and Growlithe KOed it. So...sorry 'bout that,' Hugh stated sincerely.
'Hmmm...it's fine. I need to get to a Pokemon Center to heal this guy up. Some meanie trainers scared him so he ran away from me...they said that he was a stupid, weak Pokemon...' the boy sniffed, tears welling up in his eyes. Quinn looked concerned, Hugh looked curious.
'Were the trainers a boy and a girl by any chance?' Quinn asked.
'Yeah. They both looked really mean! Would you walk me to the Pokemon Center please?'

Quinn looked at Hugh with a questioning expression. Hugh looked a bit awkward, he wasn't a fan of children at all...but his Pokemon had hurt Rattata so he felt obliged to walk with him to Viridian.
'Okay,' Hugh said simply. The boy grinned widely and cheered.
'Thankyouthankyouthankyou! LET'S GO!'

The child dashed off, Rattata cradled within his arms. Hugh rolled his eyes and Quinn yelled at him:
'Wait!'
Hugh was already in hot pursuit, so Quinn had problems in keeping up with him. Growlithe and Eevee were dashing together close to their human companions.
Luminous
Luminous
Masochist
Masochist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down