Port Sapphire forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oreoho revival discussion thread!

4 posters

Go down

Oreoho revival discussion thread! Empty Oreoho revival discussion thread!

Post by Luminous Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:27 pm

Post retcons/revised teams/other such things here. Smile

And needless to say, this thread will also serve as a place to discuss the actual roleplay when it gets under way again!
Luminous
Luminous
Masochist
Masochist

https://portsapphire.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Oreoho revival discussion thread! Empty Re: Oreoho revival discussion thread!

Post by Luminous Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:33 pm

AXEL RETCON POST

Original application for reference
Luminous wrote:Name: Axel Rowdan
Appearance: https://2img.net/h/i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab166/Beyond_TheLimit/Role%20Play%20Characters/Callum_by_Apple_Craver_09.jpg
He generally looks like the guy in the image. His hair is a fiery red in hue, his eyes are a piercing grey, and he tends to wear different coloured t-shirts and jeans with trainers. In summer he will switch to brown or grey shorts with black vest tops. Axel is well-built in muscle for his age due to his love of lifting weights and doing boxing, and he is very tall (6'2''). He is not stick-thin but not fat, despite eating like a pig he tends to work those calories off somehow.

Personality: Axel is...well, really really dumb. It's quite unbelievable just how stupid he can be at times. He tends to think more with his heart and his stomach than his actual brain. His use of language reflects this- he tends to use shortened, rather colloquial terms with a lot of questions thrown in (usually regarding how to work a tin opener, or 'Why won't this thing work when I kick it?!') This teenager also loses his temper at the drop of a pin. If he doesn't quite like something then he tends to fly of the handle at such a velocity that someone is going to end up being bruised in the face. But despite these rather off-putting qualities and his typical lack of hygiene, Axel Rowdan is very faithful to his friends. If someone treats him with just a little bit of respect then he will repay them by being a 'bodyguard' as so to speak. This means that he will lash out at anyone who takes the mick out of his closest companions. But as you can probably tell, dear Mr Rowdan is not exactly the most endearing fellow. People really need a lot of patience in order to get on with him really really well. But just like any other person Axel loves to have a laugh, and sadly he tends to find humour in the crudest of things! He is also as stubborn as a mule, which is not a great combination with his firey temper. But his stubborn nature converts into a fierce determination in Pokemon battles (oh, and other battles I guess) that is second to none. If he has his sights set on something, he will try his best!

Backstory: Axel was raised by his parents in the Sinnoh region. While his parents generally disagreed with pretty much all of his personality traits and his love of destructive sports and Rock/Metal music, they took care of him and raised him with love. The Rowdans started to get worried by Axel's stupidity and his worrying temper (Axel managed to punch a hole through his bedroom door after being grounded for kicking a trainer's Pidgey). Plus he had never really experienced the world properly. His main pass-time had been lifting weights and going out with his 'metalhead' friends to kick some random park benches to pieces. Sue and Micheal Rowdan were ninety-percent certain that Axel had gotten in with the wrong crowd, hence why he seemed not to give a flying toss about doing anything worthwhile. Not to mention that his parents thought that he was a school bully- but this was not true. Axel had actually beaten all of those 'lil' runts' up because they had either annoyed him or been disrespectful to his closest friends at the time.

So when Axel turned sixteen his parents proposed that he should move to the region of Oreoho to live with his uncle and perhaps start a Pokemon journey just so that he had something a 'bit more productive' to do. Axel took this comment the wrong way. He stormed out of his parent's house, convinced that they had just listed him as a complete failure. But he did what they suggested and got onto the next ferry to Oreoho. He arrived at Yew town a week later and while his uncle James was rather surprised, he accepted his nephew with open arms. After phoning Axel's parents in order to hear the full story he decided that it would not be best to pressure him into capturing Pokemon for a living straight away. James let his nephew relax for a few months, teaching Axel how to do boxing and making him do some chores around the house. Axel did not seem to mind this as he preffered his uncle's relaxed attitude and he seemed to mellow out quite a bit (believe it or not he was worse before- he was constantly in a mood before arriving in Oreoho). Just as James suspected Axel started to gain a natural interest in Pokemon as he saw all of the new trainers going to get their first companions. James taught Axel more about Pokemon which fired him up more. A week before his seventeenth birthday, Axel proposed that he wanted to go on a Pokemon journey. Pleased by this news James said that he could go to the professor as soon as he turned seventeen. So...that's how Axel came to be in Oreoho.

Final team (CONTAINS SPOILERS. WIP):
Spoiler:

Starter: Cyndaquil.
Changes

- Axel's hair is now a natural ginger instead of an impossibly firey red.

- He's now 5'10'' and has a more average, yet lanky, stature.

- Axel's name is now Charles/Charlie. His second name remains the same.

- He's now 18 instead of 17.

- Backstory alteration:

Will be updated later on

- I may alter some aspects of his personality slightly but to be honest they'll be minor changes.  

Final team edit (note that Charles may decide to capture/trade away some stragglers): Chesnaught, Pangoro, Sylveon, Houndoom, Nidoking, Blastoise.

To be continued.

Last edited by Luminous on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:34 am; edited 3 times in total
Luminous
Luminous
Masochist
Masochist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyvee Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:43 pm

Original post

Lyvee wrote:Name: Bethany Foucault

Appearance: Bethany is a lean girl. Weighing in at 119 pounds and measuring 5ft 6” tall. Her facial features are fair and feminine, her lips seem to be permanently pouting and her aqua eyes always alert and observant. Her hair is a flowing myriad of blonde hues; her eyebrows plucked to perfection and her skin moisturised and made-up sufficiently at all times, although a little on the heavy side

Whether it is hot, cold, snowing or hailing, Bethany always has a pair of shades attached to her body. In her hair, or clipped onto her shirt. She usually wears checked shirts or T's with witty quotes on, mostly accompanied with some sort of loose cardigan or jumper. On the leg front – Denim shorts, leggings, jeggings, jeans with an assortment of boots, slip on dolly shoes, heels and hi-tops - The wardrobe of an average teenage girl. In winter or cold weather she usually wears something akin to this, the fur (obviously) fake.

Competition wear takes a more formal approach. A knee length sequin dress, with matching necklace and arm accessories, not forgetting a complimenting black purse, equally as glittery and as bright as the the moon in the right light.

Personality: Demanding, egotistic, over emotional. A few of the words that could easily sum up Bethany. Years of success and attention have worked their way into the mind of Bethany Foucault, causing her to develop a bit of a bloodlust for fame and fortune. Visions of grandeur often take up her thought space and delusions of super stardom drive her onward in her quest for recognition. Despite being a bit of a diva, Bethany has an excellent work ethic and is a 'take no prisoners' sort of person when it comes to providing help to others, often exclaiming that people should 'deal with it' and face their problems head on.

Backstory: By the time Bethany was 6, she was taking was taking parts in all sorts of advertisements and shows, a child star and easily the most popular by far. Her cuteness and charm allowed her succeed in the competitive child acting business, at one point she was even doing commercials for the pokemart corporation, one of the largest Transnational companies in the world. Her life style became hectic and fast paced, disallowing her to take the traditional route of schooling and forcing her parents to do a mixture of home schooling and hiring a tutor to help their daughter excel academically, although seeing their child become so sought after in the acting business caused them to favour more 'artsy' subjects. Despite this, Bethany is no academically disadvantaged.

At the age of 13, Bethany had been given enough vocal lessons, dance classes and acting seminars to win any crowd over and began to plan to her big transformation from child star to pop sensation. However, she was greeted by much disapproval by the world when her first (And by all means amateurish) single, 'Poke'day', became a internet laughing stock, a complete viral mess. It took months before the next hip new video and craze came along and Bethany could fade back into the shadows. She did not become deterred by the infamy that she had now acquired. 3 years later she is now seeking a new way to worm her way back into the limelight...through Pokémon contests.

Final Team: Serperior, Nidoqueen, Kingler, Vespiquen, Bisharp, Slaking.

Starter: Snivy
Changes

• Age 16 changed to 17

• Final Team Edit: Serperior, Dodrio, Granbull, Goodra, Nidoqueen, Galvantula
Lyvee
Lyvee
Self proclaimed Manifesting Procrastinating Machination

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:11 pm

ROLEPLAY RETCON IDEAS

These are just a few ideas that I'm throwing in for us to discuss. I may think of more points as time goes on. Smile

- Gyms now work like the Kanto gyms do in Pokémon: The Origin. You do not have to challenge them in a specific order. The difficulty of the teams you face depends upon how many badges you have already. I'm thinking that this could be good for the less experienced/less confident characters, but it could be awkward to implement.

- Wild Pokémon encounters and possibly Gym Leader teams/Elite 4 teams will now feature generation 6 Pokémon. Any Pokémon that was changed into a pure/part Fairy type is also a Fairy type in Oreoho. The new moves will also appear.

- Mega evolutions will not be available seeming as it's a new discovery.
Luminous
Luminous
Masochist
Masochist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyvee Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:11 am

Sounds good to me! Are we going to be a doing a time skip to get us all in one place?
Lyvee
Lyvee

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:22 am

Yeah sure why not. It'll work out better than trying to start from the beginning again.

Should we just start up from around halfway like Jack suggested? Smile
Luminous
Luminous
Masochist
Masochist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyvee Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:37 pm

I agree that we need a time skip, but I'm not sure about skipping half way
Lyvee
Lyvee

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:00 pm

I'll just wait until we get some sort of consensus then. Smile
Luminous
Luminous
Masochist
Masochist

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuxie Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:54 pm

Hm...

On one hand, I'm not keen on the time skip idea because creating the interactions is good for character development and helps us to get into our character's shoes.

On the other hand...getting stuck on the intro is far too easy, especially with this group of people (no offense), and would allow us to avoid the initial character slowdowns like 'stubborn starter', 'getting used to how to actually train the damn things', 'tutorial bullshit', etc...

And on a mutated third hand, I'll need to do some thinking as to whether or not I'm even going to USE Allison. After rereading her story I do like it still, but not nearly as much.

As for the retcon ideas:

1st one: Yes a million times over. There are too many benefits for this NOT to be a definite in my opinion.

2nd one: I like a lot of Gen 6 Pokemon, so yus.

3rd one: I see no problem in having Mega Evolutions available, but I'd be fine with them not being available to reduce my compulsion to have one.

We should reform a skype chat at some point...

UNFORTUNATELY...I can't really reliably skype chat for long periods of time due to where I am (long story short, I'm taking a year off from college to help get myself back into a state fit to be in college), so I won't be as reliable as I'd like to be.
Tuxie
Tuxie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuitfio Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:14 pm

I reckon time skipping even as short as a few towns in or a few badges would suffice, that way there is still time to really develop characters without having them not no how to battle like the dingbats we all no they are.

That was my favourite part of Origins, I was like 'OMFG THAT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE!'

Y'all know how much I hate Mega Evos though Razz
Tuitfio
Tuitfio
Nautical Admin
Nautical Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down