Port Sapphire forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fever Pitch

3 posters

Go down

Fever Pitch Empty Fever Pitch

Post by Terra Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:27 pm

Reaching a Fever Pitch - Opening Theme

Bang. The fragile wooden door is knocked off its hinges and sails across the small room; A woman, who had kicked the old wooden thing in, walked in with fire in her eyes. She quickly went about her business in the five room building, starting with the living area. Drawers were ripped from the creaky desk in the corner, their contents spilling onto the floor as the woman throws them aside. Pens, a empty pack of breath mints, a bubblegum wrapper; All pointless. When no drawer revealed nothing, the agitated female slammed her fist down on the desk; The top layer of wood snapped and caved in. With haste, she turned to the couch on the other end of the room.

The crude synthetic material that covered the furniture was ripped into pieces as the woman scavenged; All she found was coins. With a growl, she quickly flipped it over, more coins spilled out. Scowling, she turned to survey the room; With no other furniture, her hands went down to the dirty rug beneath. A single pull uprooted the material, revealing the aged wood beneath; still nothing to be found. Tossing the mass of rug aside, she quickly proceeded to the connected kitchen. Silverware, cleaning materials, gardening supplies, scraps of food, and a gas stove; Not what she was looking for. Proceeding to the bedrooms, they received much the same torment that the living room had faced. Still nothing.

The woman huffed as she checked around the bathroom and the crawl space. No sign of what she had come here for. Glowering, she ripped a red pen and a map from her pocket. Marking a big 'X' over the area where the house was located, she quickly folded it back up and shoved the contents back in her pocket. In there place was a lighter she had also been storing in her pockets, one of several. Without hesitation she moved back into the kitchen and over to the stove. Moving behind it, she kicked the gas valve, causing the toxic substance to leak into the house. Turning away she made her way out the destroyed, single-story house and procured a pin from her hair. Lighting up, she jammed the pin in the lighter and casually tossed it over her shoulder into the building behind her.

Her paced picked up rather greatly as she heard the gas reach the doorway of the main room. She nimbly reached her motorcycle parked outside the abandoned area and sped off with a roar. Only a few seconds later did the gas meet the fire, resulting in a resounding boom. The woman drove off, her speed picking up as she sped back onto the highway.

"Where are they?"

- - - - -

"We've lost track of her sir."

"What do you mean we've lost track of her?!"

"She's disappeared."

"Well find her then!"

"Yes sir."

"NOW!"

"Of course."

- - - - -

In a moderate sized room, several dozen teenagers sit, all writing on the packets before them. Most pause, or sigh, or bite their lip as they move from question to question; Except for one boy who just continues writing. His eyes are an eerie white, blank and empty. His hand holding the pencil moves rapidly, only lifting from the paper in three instances: When moving onto a new question, when the pencil breaks, or when it becomes too dull to write with. The boy's white eyes lift and turn grey when this happens, if only for a moment.

Some people stare every now and then, but most people force themselves not to. They have only got an hour remaining on this exam, and they need to finish for the best grade possible. Within five minutes of the hour mark, the boy suddenly stops; The pencil in his hand being put down, his eyes returning to normal. He sits up and then falls back with a sigh, causing the attending teacher to shush him. He closes his eyes, takes a silent breath, nods and lifts his pencil again. He begins to fake scribbling what he has already written.

When time is called, some other groan, the boy just puts the pencil down and waits as everyone begins to dismiss themselves. He is the last out of the room, as usual, trailing behind the crowd of students. Most talk about the test, a few look back at him, but he ignores it and they continue talking. As they make it to the entrance/exit of the building, the crowd begins to disperse and the boy moves forward. As he takes the lead, the others begin to look at him and mutter. He hears every word, but still ignores it.

"Did you see him?"

"Yeah, he never looked up once."

"No, not that. He finished fifty minutes before the rest of us."

"No he didn't, he kept writing."

"He was faking it."

"That's strange."

"Isn't it?"

"I don't know how he did it, the first part of that exam was on the first three weeks of the course."

The boy exits the building with a small smile, but quickly wipes it away as he heads to his car. Getting in, he puts the key in the ignition and drives off; Some students stare as he goes, still talking about his mysterious early finish.

"..."

Rundown:

Alright then people. I'm not quite sure if you could tell from the above introduction to all of this, but Fever Pitch does involve supernatural abilities. However, unlike most 'superpower' roleplays I've seen on these boards this is rather different. These abilities are thrown under a certain type of category. The categories are general terms for what the character can do. For example, the woman mentioned above has powers under the category entitled: Enhanced Might. Simply put, as you can see from her little rampage, her physical strength is rather great.

That there, is an example of basic ability. The category has many subcategories labeled as the abilities and powers the character has. At the beginning of the roleplay, all characters will have either one or none (By none, I mean that the power has not surfaced yet) of these abilities. As the roleplay goes on and the characters grow, their abilities will also grow. I'll control when characters advance their abilities, and know just because you train all the time doesn't mean your powers will expand. Such a thing has more variables then just raw practice (though practice does play a part) and as such you'll need something else.

When your abilities have reached their maximum potential, I'll let you know. You may only get one upgrade, don't fret; This all depends on what we talk about, what abilities you choose, and what your character is put through in the story. No one will be ignored and everyone will receive at least one upgrade (unless it is one of the many NPCs that I'll introduce who may already be fully upgraded; Yes this does mean that enemies and NPCs also get upgrades ;P). All in all, it is really nothing to worry about right now.

If you have any questions about the above, or something I forgot to mention just contact me.

Rules:

• All Marriland Roleplaying Rules apply. Need a refresher? Here.
  • Collaboration and Independence are key. There will be many times where your characters are all alone, and there will be many times where your characters are with others. You need to be able to write in both situations.
  • Communication with me is of absolute importance. As you'll come to find, our characters will NOT be in one big group all the time. You'll need to be able to keep contact with me at any time (PMs, MSN, and Skype work wonders) so that I can keep you on track. There will be a lot of freedom with where you go and what you do, but I'll need to be able to round you up at some point.
  • Communication as a group is important. I want to keep you all updated and readily knowing what is coming up. When I get the accepted cast together, I'll ask how you'd prefer I do this. Also, communication with others is important, if you're going to have your character go with someone else's talk it through with them. ICC (In Character Conversations) are a beautiful thing in this situation.
  • Have an idea? Come to me first. I'm really lenient with player contributions, but I'd like to be notified first.
  • Have a problem posting? I might be able to help with that, depending on the circumstance. Gonna be away from the computer and don't want to get left behind? Better contact me so I can make note of it. Disappearances without notification are not taken kindly, unless there is a good reason for it.
  • You ready to leave your mark? If you want to even stand a chance, you better put a link to your character's theme and color somewhere in your application.
  • Have a good time! If you're not going to feel good about doing this, then something's wrong. If there is something about the roleplay itself that you don't like, just talk to me; I'll try to help you out.

Character Sheet:

Code:
Name: (I shouldn't have to explain.)
Appearance: (Description or Picture will do just fine.)
- - - - -
Power: (This requires a detailed explanation of what the overall powers are. Below it, you might want to list what you're able to do so I can to it as we go.)
- - - - -
Personality: (How does your character behave? What do they like? Dislike? Any quirks?)
- - - - -
History: (Doesn't have to be full on from the day they were born to now. Just give me some idea of where they were.)

Last edited by Terra on Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Terra
Terra
Chasing Pavements
Chasing Pavements

Location : I think I'm here... but the sign says there? And that one says everywhere. :<

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Fever Pitch Empty Re: Fever Pitch

Post by Terra Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:28 pm

Database:

This is where you can find information on what has gone on in the roleplay. Every time we reach a new milestone this will receive another paragraph or so for you to review what has happened.

Soundtrack:

Reaching a Fever Pitch - Opening Theme
Terra
Terra
Chasing Pavements
Chasing Pavements

Location : I think I'm here... but the sign says there? And that one says everywhere. :<

Back to top Go down

Post by Terra Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:29 pm

Accepted Cast:

Terra wrote:My character will be placed here when we get the rest of the cast assembled.

Non-Player Characters:

Terra wrote:None.
Terra
Terra
Chasing Pavements
Chasing Pavements

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:45 pm

Colour: #FF0000

Theme song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C34BzC7rnos

Name: Graham ‘Grey’ Townsend.
Appearance: ‘Grey’ stands tall at 6’5’’ in height. He is commonly seen in these garments: a large, black coat, blue jeans, black fingerless gloves, and his beige coloured boots. His shirts are very much interchangeable but he will always wear a sleeveless shirt of just about any shade. In other words, he dresses in a very casual manner. His hair always seems to be ruffled so that the strands point upwards or to the side. This almost gives his hair the appearance of being aflame because of its natural colour – which is a red coppery shade. Stubble of the same shade shadows his blunt jaw line. Grey’s optics are a very dark blue in hue. He always carries a lighter, and sometimes his clothes give off the scent of smoke.
- - - - -
Power: Energy manipulation ~ Fire: Some would refer to Grey as being a ‘Pyrokinetic’. This means that he can manipulate fire but he cannot create it, hence why he always carries his silver lighter around with him…just in case. Wink
- - - - -
Personality: Grey is an odd person to read. His neutral expression consists of slightly narrowed eyes and one raised eyebrow (his right one), which would suggest that he’s a sceptical, almost pessimistic person. But this isn’t true. He may delight in sarcasm but he will speak to anyone in a friendly manner. Once a person gets over his initial size and appearance they’ll find that he’s an easy-going, fairly intelligent individual. But Grey is an observant person whom always gathers information about people simply by scanning over them. He will not fume over something either – if he’s truly angry, he will go from neutral to a pure rage within moments. And most fights are settled with one surprise punch. His main downfalls are his sarcastic attitude, his low motivation, and his equally low self-esteem.
- - - - -
History: To put it simply, Grey has had a relatively normal life. His parents have raised him well and he’s currently in a rut about what he wants to do, hence why he has not attended university or college. He was in the middle of the popularity ladder at school – he was never deemed as somebody who was really ‘cool’, yet his relaxed attitude made him quite approachable.

He discovered his unusual ability when he turned 13 – the age when he was just about to his puberty. In all honesty he thought that he had gone completely insane when he managed to make a single flame from one of the hobs on the cooker/oven bounce across the work surface. His parents told him off for burning sections of their kitchen so he felt inclined to explain what had happened to them. It took a while, but they became convinced that he was extremely special. They warned him not to draw attention to himself and said that they would ensure that he would not be taken away. He pocketed a lighter that he found in the house and he has kept it with himself since then.

But not everything has been plain-sailing for him. Two events have transpired in his past that may have revealed his unusual ability. The first event took place when he was barely 14. He was in a science lesson and one of the bullies in his class was aggravating his friend. He kept his mouth shut but it was hard to put reigns on his emotions. Without so much of a warning, a Bunsen burner that had been set up near his desk suddenly burned with enough ferocity to ignite the chemicals that it’d been heating, resulting in an explosion of multi-coloured smoke and glass. Luckily nobody was hurt and the incident was blamed on a dodgy gas supply.

The second incident wasn’t as pleasant. Grey had just completed his last day of school (at the age of 16) and he was walking home with his brother. They decided to take a shortcut down an alleyway close to the small cul-de-sac where their old house had been located. Halfway down the passage the pair was jumped by four males. Two of them had knives, and they were no older than Grey. They made an instant beeline for his brother seeming as he had a smaller stature. Grey could not help but lose his temper, but the result was four charred corpses and a rather shocked younger brother. Luckily the thugs survived but they were inflicted with serious burns, and most of them were driven into insanity by what transpired. There were no witnesses so the event was blamed on something else (a gas explosion from an underground pipe), but from then on Grey’s parents became overbearing and were even considering moving houses until they realised that the police didn’t believe the accusations of the criminals.

Ever since then, Grey has been working at a local corner shop an he seems to be fairly content with his life…but just recently a shady individual has been keeping an eye on Graham. Occasionally he can be seen outside the small store, his/her features shadowed by a battered fedora…
Luminous
Luminous
Masochist
Masochist

https://portsapphire.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Romeo Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:44 am

Reserved.
Romeo
Romeo
Lover boy